Purview is a fast-growing healthcare technology company focused on disrupting the integration of medical records systems. We are an entrepreneurial, high-energy business. Our solutions are used by healthcare professionals in over 150 countries on 6 continents in some of the most prestigious health care institutions in the world.
We have an immediate opening for a Customer Support Specialist on our expanding healthcare IT team.
We are seeking a hardworking, curious, technically adept, problem solver who is eager to provide exceptional customer service to our worldwide base of healthcare clients. This is an entry-level position with high growth potential. This position is responsible for ensuring responsive, effective, high quality customer support.
This is currently a remote, work-from-home position with the expectation to work out of our office in Annapolis, MD after the COVID-19 pandemic.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Participating and leading daily operations of the support desk. The support desk provides telephone, remote, e-mail, and web support for healthcare customers.
- Applying your existing knowledge of information systems together with the training you will receive to service and assist customers.
- Identifying, investigating, and researching questions to resolve user, software, and information systems issues in a timely and highly responsive manner.
- Prioritizing issues using appropriate escalation procedures and coordinating referrals to internal technical, professional, or service personnel as needed.
- Maintaining data and analytics to report to management and improve on processes.
You are qualified for this position if you:
- Have great communication skills and bring positive energy to your work.
- Have related experience providing exceptional technical customer support.
- Are a talented multitasker.
- Are capable of quickly learning and acquiring the skills needed to troubleshoot our company’s software and hardware products.
- Can work with autonomy.
- Are consistently on-time and reliable.
- Have a desire to grow personally and professionally.
- Have knowledge of computers, operating systems (preferably Mac OS and Linux), browsers, and networking.
You are even more qualified for this role if you have experience with the following:
- Computer Network Administration
- Linux and macOS Operating Systems
- Proficiency with Command Line/Bash
- Network configuration involving the setup of gateways, routers, firewalls, and VPNs
- Experience with DICOM
- Knowledge of standard practices related to help desk support, call centers, customer service, and IT service management
- Formal information systems or technology training
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is competitive and based on experience. This is a full-time position and is eligible for overtime pay depending upon staff availability and customer demands. Employee benefits include ability to work from home, company subsidized health insurance, company contribution to a retirement plan and health saving account, and paid time off.